After I made the Salted Caramel Fudge Bread last week, I decided I wanted to make another chocolate treat, but something with a little less fat per serving, especially since I am working through a 12 week slow fat loss phase with Avatar Nutrition. I got to thinking of what sounded really good at the time, and then I began craving a Snickers bar…and that’s what I knew my next protein treat attempt would be: Snickers Protein Muffins <3!
I set out to create the perfect blend of chocolate, caramel, and of course, PEANUTS! I remember the day prior I had a protein shake using my De Novo Nutrition Max MPS whey in candy bar and just how dang delicious it was, so I decided to use this protein powder over my trusty white cake flavor since it literally tastes like a liquid Snickers when mixed properly (usually about 4-6oz of cold water/milk works best).
I also learned from my last baking attempt with the sugar free caramel flavoring syrup that I needed to use more to get the caramel flavor across, so I kept that in mind when putting the recipe together. The end result? I definitely think I nailed it, especially when you get a bite with the peanuts, it’s just like biting into a Snickers…only with less “guilt” associated with it!
NOTE: I do NOT feel guilty when eating “junk” foods, since flexible dieting has taught me about sustainable balance where my nutrition is concerned. Keep it moderate, and everything is fine and can even help you reach your goals, regardless of what they are 😀
So, how did I enjoy these guys for the first time? I’m glad you asked! I actually had the macros to create a peanut butter “frosting” (see below) to top a few of them with and let me just say that was the BEST decision of that day LOL!
This single-serve frosting recipe is as follows:
- 10g coconut oil, melted
- 12g powdered peanut butter (I used PBFit Original)
- 66g Philadelphia Fat Free cream cheese
- Melt & slightly cool the coconut oil
- Stir in powdered peanut butter until well mixed
- Add in cream cheese and stir until incorporated
- Frost cupcakes/muffins and enjoy; you can even eat as is or use as a dip!
Okay, without further ado, here’s the real reason you’re here:
Yields: 24 servings
🔸159g FlapJacked Buttermilk Protein Pancake & Baking Mix
🔸1 package (approximately 40-44g) sugar free instant pudding & pie filling mix in chocolate
🔸60mL unsweetened cashew milk
🔸2 whole eggs
🔸92g liquid egg whites
🔸395g (approx 3-4 small to medium size) ripe bananas, mashed
🔸60mL sugar free classic caramel flavoring syrup (I used Torani brand)
🔸150g plain Greek yogurt (I used 0% here)
🔸1.5 scoops (45g) De Novo Nutrition Max MPS whey protein in candy bar
🔸liquid stevia or sucralose to taste, about 30-40 drops
🔸1/2 tsp baking soda
🔸1/2 tsp baking powder
🔸30g cocoa powder
🔸56g unsalted dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place bananas in a bowl and mash until relatively clump free. Add all other ingredients, and stir until well blended.
- Place paper cupcake/muffin liners in two 12-well muffin pans and evenly divide the mix between each well.
- Bake for approximately 15 to 19 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool & refrigerate; may be broken into bite-size pieces and frozen for a quick treat or dessert topper!
Nutrition Info (approximate) per serving: