This week’s baking project required the use of quite a few very ripe bananas, but I also wanted something super chocolatey, since that’s where my heart ❤ lies! I remember back a few weeks ago when I made the most amazing Chocolate Banana Brownies and wondered how well they would taste in muffin form. So, I got out my mixing bowl, preheated my oven, and got to work on the batter.
As you can see from the photo above, they appear very fudgey in nature, and trust me when I say they smelled AH-MAZING! I had a feeling that they would come out well, but since this was my first attempt at this blend in muffin form, I couldn’t be completely sure. The end result? A super rich & chocolatey treat that is not only packed with decent protein, but was super moist and the closest thing to an actual brownie that a muffin can be. The only thing missing? Chocolate chips :(. Maybe next time…
Fudge Brownie Muffins
Yields: 18 servings
🔸171g FlapJacked Gluten-Free Buttermilk Protein Pancake & Baking Mix
🔸1 package (approximately 44g) sugar free instant pudding & pie filling mix in chocolate fudge
🔸60mL almond milk
🔸2 whole eggs
🔸92g liquid egg whites
🔸517g (approx 4-5 small to medium size) banana, mashed
🔸33g plain Greek yogurt (I used 2% here)
🔸122g plain Greek yogurt (I used 0% here)
🔸1 scoop (30g) De Novo Nutrition Max MPS whey protein in white cake
🔸liquid stevia or sucralose to taste, about 30-40 drops
🔸1/2 tsp baking soda
🔸1/2 tsp baking powder
🔸30g dark chocolate cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place bananas in a bowl and mash until relatively clump free. Add all other ingredients, and stir until well blended.
- Place paper cupcake/muffin liners in a 12-well and 6-well muffin pan and evenly divide the mix between each well.
- Bake for approximately 13 to 18 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool & refrigerate; may be broken into brownie bites and frozen for a quick treat!
- Optional: feel free to add chocolate chips or nuts to your mix for variety, just be aware that the macronutrients will change ;).
Nutrition Information (approximate per serving):
If you enjoyed this recipe, check out some of my other muffin recipes as well: