Although I practice flexible dieting with an IIFYM approach, I sometimes find myself going back to the basics in regards to my nutritional choices. This particular day was no exception, and thankfully it came with a big appetite ;-).
One of my favorite pieces of kitchen equipment is a cast iron skillet. They cook more evenly than anything else out there and, you can go from stovetop to oven in a breeze. With that in mind, I figured I’d whip up a hash bake with a twist. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 457g cubed butternut squash
- 170g sliced mushrooms
- 45g fresh baby spinach
- 3 whole eggs
- 18g finely shredded 2% milk mild cheddar cheese
- 100g plain 0% Greek yogurt
- Seasoning(s) of choice
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- On the stovetop, spray the skillet with cooking spray, then sauté the squash and mushrooms with seasoning until tender.
- Add spinach and create 3 wells to crack the eggs into.
- Transfer skillet directly to the oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove and top with cheese and yogurt.
Yields: 1 serving