Sometimes, the best things in life happen by complete accident. Or sometimes, they’re covered in peanut butter <3! This particular recipe was a little bit of both, and definitely surprised me in a good way.
We quite often end up with bananas that are too ripe to eat as is, and since I’m not a huge fan of smoothies (or drinking my calories in general), they end up either being tossed in the garbage (waste of money/food) or utilized in some way for baked goods. The latter is what I had in mind this time, but I wasn’t sure what to combine with them. I thought about just a generic protein banana bread, but then remembered we had this awesome Kodiak Cakes crunchy peanut butter Power Cakes mix, and knew just what I wanted to bake. The end result came out to be super moist and tasted like peanut butter covered banana bread, which are two of my favorite things next to chocolate and pumpkin!
Peanut Butter Banana Protein Blondies
🔸106g Kodiak Cakes Power Cakes crunchy peanut butter flapjack & waffle mix
🔸30g De Novo Nutrition Max MPS in white cake
🔸68g gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
🔸1 tsp baking powder
🔸120 mL Kroger CARBMaster vanilla milk or other high protein milk such as Fairlife
🔸64g creamy natural peanut butter, melted
🔸3 small to medium sized ripe bananas, mashed
🔸2 large eggs
🔸24g original PB Fit
- Preheat oven to 375F
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, mash bananas until relatively clump free, then add eggs and milk until well incorporated.
- Continue to add all other ingredients, except melted peanut butter, until thoroughly mixed.
- Slowly add in 1/3 to 2/3 of melted peanut butter, reserving the remainder for topping.
- Pour batter into a 13×9 cake pan sprayed with cooking spray, then drizzle remaining peanut butter on top.
- Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes, depending upon your oven.
Yields: 12 servings
Macros: 4.99g Fat, 15.83g Carbs, 8.9g Protein, 2.65g Fiber