Do you ever have baking “fails” that really turn out to be a bullseye, just not in the way you were expecting? I was really wanting to make some protein cookies, so I set out to do just this. However, by the time I was done baking the batch, I realized they were not very cookie like in texture, but couldn’t figure out what it was. The taste was really great, but again, just not a cookie. I let my mom try one to see what her thoughts were. She thought about it, then said they reminded her of a scone. I gave it a second thought and had to agree with her <3!
White Chocolate Pumpkin Protein Scones
🔸120g De Novo Nutrition Seasonal Max MPS in pumpkin pie
🔸40g oat flour (or all-purpose)
🔸3/4 tsp baking powder
🔸1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
🔸46g egg whites
🔸28g light butter
🔸425g pumpkin purée
🔸113g pumpkin spice applesauce (or plain)
🔸56g white chocolate baking chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Soften butter in a bowl in the microwave, and combine with wet ingredients.
- Mix in all dry ingredients, except the chocolate chips, until well incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate chips, then spoon onto a silicone mat, parchment paper, or greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until exterior appears golden & dry.
- Top with desired frosting (optional) and enjoy!